A beautiful black and white photograph from 1938 of a chapel in Los Ranchos, New Mexico. The photographer is unknown. The village of Los Ranchos was founded in the Spanish Colonial period, originally organized around a plaza called San Jose de Los Ranchos. From 1850 to 1854, after New Mexico became a United States territory, the village was the seat of Bernalillo County.
Adobe Chapel in Los Ranchos, 1938
Feb 7, 2018
Image Source: "Chapel, Los Ranchos, New Mexico" (Negative Number 009548); digital images, "Palace of the Governors Photo Archives Collection," New Mexico History Museum, Santa Fe New Mexico Digital Collections (http://econtent.unm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/acpa/id/10941/rec/9.)